Wednesday 24 May 2017

Slovakian Sunshine

What a lot I've missed out!




This is my bar fridge in Vienna (Wien) taken on the morning I left to go to Prague.  No I hadn't drun k it dry.  The total contents was one bottle of water.  "Did you have anything from the minibar, sir?"  "No I left the water where it was."

I had so much fun in Bratislava and Praha, that I left my blog on hold.  (That sounds deliberate, actually I was lazy)

I crossed the road to Vienna's main station and looked for a booking office.  Eventually, underneath a sign that said "International Trains" I found a ticket machine where for about 11 Aussie dollars return, I could go from the capital of Austria to the capital of Slovakia, Bratislava.  They are so close, they share the same international airport, Schwechat.a

I'm not going to bore you with chapter and verse, but merely show you some pictures of this small capital.  You will notice it doesn't have . . . a lot of tourists shoving each other around.  It is a lovely unspoiled walled Central European city.  If ever I get back to Europe, Bratislava will probably be on the itinerary.

the railway station





This is only 40 km from one of the major European capitals, and ancient royal city of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Wien (Vienna).  Bratislava has to be one of the quietest places under the sun.  Absolutely lovely.  And they use the Euro, not the pesky Ceski Krona.

No comments:

Post a Comment