Saturday 26 July 2014

I solve the SOH conundrum




Well, Aria ready for this?  The SOH collage has been solved.  The Camera Club has got an upcoming competition on the theme of "Something Different".  I had a picture of the Sydney Opera House which I had cobbled together into a colour collage.  (see previous post) and I wasn't happy with that.  It was flat and frankly scruffy.  It didn't express the spirit of the Opera House.  There was no Festival atmosphere, no spectacle, no drama.


On my last visit to Beulah Street Wharf I had got there at dawn with the help of my friends the Hollidays, who are also keen, and very good, photographers.  I took a single view of the SOH in the morning sunlight before pressing on with another unsuccessful round of 6 x 4s.



It's attractive, it's sunny, but what else does it tell you about the excitement of music and opera?  Frankly, not a lot.

The Opera House needed to be different from its surroundings.

Something different, something sunny.  That's it!  I'd solarise the picture and fiddle around with the buttons on Photoshop elements.



Well, it may not be to everyone's taste, but I think this is worth framing identically and hung next to the sepia collage of the Harbour Bridge. 

Milestones in Engineering and Entertainment.






No comments:

Post a Comment