Thursday 2 February 2017

The Return of the Native

I'm back!

My wife says that because I'm an Aries, I start things but never get round to finishing them.  I think I'm a lazy bast. . . (I'm already feeling tired)

Anyway . . . I can't remember now why I was trawling in this part of the Inter (done that joke) net, but I happened upon my blog, which was still lying in wait there for me, not having been written since 2014.  Where has the time gone?

Well, I don't know.

But I'm still going round with the wrong crowd, I still have a camera, and I am getting more and more interested in what I call Art Photography.

Actually it's partly my age.  There was a time when I'd produce pin sharp landscapes, but these days, as I spill more and more of my beer, my creative juices more and more consist of taking photos from years ago and tremble away to try and make something new from dross of the past.

For example, here is a Flannel Flower which I've blurred slightly to hide the unintentional shake, and hopefully make an interesting picture.


As you can see, it is very similar to the Edelweiss from the Alps.  Edelweiss is German for "white star", so I experimented with the stars of the Southern Cross (Crux australis)


It's a crap experiment, but at least it's astronomically correct.

We had a guy come to our Camera Club last year who gave me some marvellous ideas for using up really awful record shots like this.  It was a daylight photo of some eucalypts growing by the side of the road.  I'm too ashamed to show you the "before".  I'm almost too embarrassed to show you the "after"


But by now I had the bit between my teeth, and I decided to imitate some of the great artists.  This one was quite difficult to do.  I call it "Salvador Dalia"



And then, this evening, I played around with a picture of an office block.  I call it "Working Late Again" and here it is, as Art Deco as you could wish for.


Well, that's it folks, for the first day back.  Hopefully there will be more similar stuff in this blog later on.  Let me know, either here or on FB what you think of them.

Cheers for now, John.


No comments:

Post a Comment