Wednesday 4 June 2014




Back to proper photography.  I seem to be on my way towards minimalism in my old age.  I went with a friend to the Sydney Biennale on Cockatoo Island, an old derelict shipyard in Sydney Harbour.  This was just a fire hose next to a galvo (galvanised iron to non-Aussies) shed.  The most difficult bit when processing the shot was to try and get rid of the camera lens distortion. which was very obvious with all the vertical lines.  I took it with an 18-270 zoom which I keep on the front of the camera for versatility and also to keep the dust off the sensor.  Unfortunately all zooms are compromises, so next time I'm over on the Island, I'll have to snap the same scene again using either my prime 35mm 
f 1.8 or else my macro 60mm f 2 which should have far less distortion.


1 comment: